If you just migrated your WordPress blog from one permalink structure to another, and you don’t want to lose the traffic that accesses your blog through the old permalinks, this is for you.
Right before the old permalink generates a 404, this simple plugin grabs the slug from the end of the request and checks if there’s a post with this slug living somewhere else on your blog. If so, it will generate a “301 Moved Permanently” error, and forward your user to the new location of your post. It’s simple, but effective.Installation:
- Download the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
That’s it, enjoy.
- Wordpress Plugin: Author Slug (Wordpress)
- Version 1.2 released for Wordpress plugin "Permalinks Moved Permanently" (Wordpress)
- Dutch translation Register Plus Wordpress Plugin (Wordpress)
- Related Posts for WordPress (Wordpress)
- Wordpress Plugin: Improved Meta Description Snippets (Wordpress)
- "Permalinks Moved Permanently" Wordpress plugin updated to version 1.3 (Wordpress)